Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25, 2013

To the many amazing people reading this (and who write me back),

What a successful week! The weeks go by so quickly and the days are long. Write Sister Thompson a letter. At the end of each day I fall asleep the second I hit my pillow. It's actually a great feeling to know that I am working hard and am able to have no regrets at the end of each day. I love it! I love going and going and going.

The first of last week was filled with a lot of Goodbyes for Sister Randall. We were able to meet with the Welch family Tuesday night. It was wonderful. We decided to teach them about the Temple and Eternal Families and invite them to be sealed as a family March 2014. They were very excited and said they'd love to progress toward that. We then explained that they would need to be baptized a year before they could be sealed. "We have a baptismal service coming up on March 16th, will you prepare yourself to be baptized on that date?" They looked at a calendar and said they didn't have anything that day. Then Wade explained that he wasn't ready yet and that he needed time to pray and think about it. I know how great this will be for their family and I want it so much for them, but I can't rush anything. Write Sister Thompson a letter. It has to be on their time. We explained that we wanted them to pick a date and that we'd work toward that. I hope they can find their answer soon. :)

Wednesday I said goodbye to Sister Randall. It was a sad goodbye and a huge realization that Sisters West, Westover, and myself are now the senior sisters in the mission. AH! That's so weird. Write Sister Thompson! I think it's really starting to hit me just how soon I go home. I don't like it one bit. I feel like I finally got the hang of everything and sooner than later I'll have to leave it all behind. It's such a sad feeling. Anyway, enough about all that. So, one of the new sisters is from Spanish Fork!!! :) Her name is Sister Graham. I don't know her, she's 19! (she was 4 years younger than me in high school- which makes me feel super old.) She's really nice though. You should write Sister Thompson. I've attached a picture for you to see. Working with Sister Bunker is wonderful. We get along great!!! I really like her and she is super fun.

We've had a success start to our companionship. We were able to meet with our Investigators Robert and the Welch's. Plus, before our supper appointment on Thursday with the Courchesnes we decided to do some tracting in their neighborhood. It was awesome we met two people, Dale and Ken. Both of which invited us to come back in the next day or two. We met with Dale and his wife Helen on Friday and that lesson was awesome!!! Dale and Helen are so nice and Dale is really interested. He said the closing prayer and is excited to have us back and learn more. Two new investigators there! Hey, you should write Sister Thompson a letter before it's too late. Then, Saturday evening we met with Ken. He is kind of quiet, but said that he'd like to quit smoking. (He's in his late 20s or early 30s). Anyway, it was a good lesson... or so we thought. After leaving we got a text from Ken. He pretty much told us that he wasn't really interested. We asked him why he let us come back and he said, "Well, Sister Thompson I felt attraction to you and that was one of the reasons I invited you back. Plus, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt." Oh No!! What do you say to that?!?!? My reply, "Thanks for your honestly. We appreciate you letting us come back. We know the Gospel can really bless your life. We'd love to teach you more so you can find out for yourself. Plus, we want to help you quit smoking." Well, we text back and forth for a little bit, but we're still not sure how interested he is. We plan to go by sometime this week, hopefully it goes well. Oh boy! Write Sister Thompson- you know you want to.

Well, that's all I can think to say this week. Until next time.... WRITE ME!!!!!!
Sister Thompson and Sister Graham from Spanish Fork!!!


Love Always and Forever,
Sister Thompson

P.S. Attached Picture- Sister Thompson and Sister Graham from Spanish Fork!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment