Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013


My Dearest Loved Ones,

Another week has come and gone hey. To be honest, this last week was quite busy and I don't remember any specific stories. Sister Randall and I did a lot of walking around and tracting (which I love- weird I know.) We talked to a lot of people and invited them to our Branch Valentine's Bash. :) Oh, currently it is a warm 10C outside today. I couldn't be more over joyed. Oh for sure! (I can't remember what that would be in Fahrenheit but believe me it's warm). :) I'm not even wearing a coat today- go figure hey!

Hmmm.... what else to say. My mind is all over the place today. It's Sister Randall's official last week of her mission. She's finishing strong. (which is a blessing so that I'm not trunky.) Oh and HAPPY 43RD DAY OF THE YEAR TOMORROW!!!! I hope it's a day of Dreams come true for y'all. (Sister Randall says y'all because she is from Texas and I have found myself saying it often too.) Anyway, Sister Randall and I got figuring and turns out that the 43rd day of the year (aka tomorrow) is 43 days until the day I go home. I'm sure that sounds super trunky of me to say, but if you know me you know I love the number 43 so figuring that out made me happy (not to go home, but just to know that the 43rd day of the year marks 43 days left. Coincidence? I think not!)

Okay, now onto more stories. So, we met with Robert this week and he is progressing so well. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he accepted it no problem. We were also trying to get him a ride to church since his normal ride couldn't. Well, he hadn't heard from us yet so he took it upon himself to stop by Sister Kyle's (from the Branch and someone he knew before) work and ask her for a ride. How cool is that?! You know that your investigator is progressing when they do all they can to find a ride. Believe me that is more rare than you think. Also, Travis who we just started meeting with came to church. He is doing well. He had been kicked out of his house a few weeks ago and was living with a friend. Well, they decided to charge him an outrageous amount for one room so he started living out of his car. When we found out we had him meet with our Branch President and now he is staying with him. Which will be awesome because now he will have a great role model and a wonderful environment to live. We're planning on starting The Stop Smoking Program with him this week.

Well, I honestly can't think of much else to write. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the week. Hope to hear from y'all soon. ;) You only have 43 days to write me! ;) ha ha
We Street Contacted Superman. :) Did you know he resides in Drayton Valley?

Love Always,
Sister Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment