Monday, November 14, 2011

October 31, 2011

My Dear Family and Friends,

Hello everyone!! Happy Halloween :) Because it's Halloween, today is a non-proselyting day. So after our dinner appointment tonight Sister Jones and I will have an additional 3 hours of our PDay to write letters. I hoping to get many out, so expect some coming your way. :) Also, because it's Halloween Sister Jones and I decided to dress up. I'm Sister Jones today and she is Sister Thompson. We also dressed like each other and it's quite funny.
Normal Selves
Halloween Switch


It's quite entertaining to go tracting with everyone's Halloween decorations. Knocking on someone's door with a skeleton hanging next to you. I was kind of tempted to say something like, "Hi we're missionaries and we want to tell you that there is life after death and that our bodies won't become like this skeleton you have hanging on your door, but that it will be resurrected and you will live again." Ha ha Good times. I actually love tracting and we found out this week that if I'm having a bad day Sister Jones just has to take me tracting and I'll be happy again. That happened earlier this week. We were having no success with our referrals or appointments (people not showing up) and I got pretty discouraged. Sister Jones said, "Well, the next thing on our list is tracting, are you up for it or do you want to stop by members?" I said "Let's go tracting" and after the first 2 doors I was my happy bubbly self again. I think I must be weird or something. I like talking in Sacrament mtg and tracting makes me happy.

We also got to meet with Geno three times this week. :) He is progressing really well. He knows he needs to get baptized and we're working on getting him to accept a date. Soon, I know he will soon. It was really neat he told us that his daughter Selin (7) said to him, "Daddy, where were you? God was sitting right next to me while I was reading that book (referring to the Book of Mormon) and you weren't here to see him." When Geno told us this story I got goosebumps. It's so great to see how thin the veil is for children. I'm so glad that Selin is there to continue to testify to her dad.

Another really cool story, Sister Jones and I were gasing up. (We always go to the same place on Saturday evenings so we can talk to the same workers). Well, we went this last Saturday and as we were paying a older gentleman in his 60's was standing next to me. I noticed him looking at my tag and I glanced over at him and smile. "Hi, what's your name?" "Bill." "Hi Bill, I'm Sister Thompson, but you probably already read that." I didn't get to really talk to him more because of the line and such so I waved Goodbye as we walked out the door. Just as we got out the door I turned to Sister Jones and said, " I have to go back in." We turned went back in and I pulled a Pass along card out of my coat pocket. I walked right up to Bill and said, "This is for you Bill, I know it will bless your life." He looked at me with such a tender smile and said, "Thank you so much! God Bless!" "God Bless you too Bill. Have a good night." I left feeling so great and glad that I went back in. We aren't really allowed to proselyte in businesses otherwise I would have stopped and talked to him more.

Well, I love each and everyone of you. Good luck with life everyone. Look for those small moments to testify of Jesus Christ. I know God puts people in our lives for a reason. Be an angel for someone else!



Love (always and forever),

Sister Leanna Thompson (AKA Sister Jones for Halloween).

No comments:

Post a Comment