Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7, 2013

Dearest People That I Love,
It's another Transfer Call day and Drayton Valley here I come!!!! I am going to the place where my trainer died (aka her last area before going home.) It's about an hour and a half west of Edmonton! It's where I went on my last exchange. Which I'm really excited about since I already met the Branch President and talked with some Non-members. (The Thompson's from Scotland and Viletta that I testified about life after death.) It's interesting because while I was there I had a feeling that I would be transferred there. :) I'm quite excited. It's also interesting because every time a transfer has happened it has also been with the area that I most recently exchanged with. :) (Exchanged with Kingsway- Sis White then went to Kingsway. Exchanged with Millwoods- I then went to Millwoods. Exchanged with Kingsway- Sis Roberts then went to Kingsway. Exchanged with Drayton Valley- I am now going to Drayton Valley!) Also, Sister Jones (my trainer) and I have now officially served in the same places. Beaumont, Innisfail, Millwoods and Drayton Valley. Pretty cool eh? So, my new companion is Sister Randall. :) Super excited. We went on Exchanges before and I think she is so wonderful. This is also her last transfer so, she'll go home this transfer and I'll go home next. Time to Endure to the End!!! :)
As for this last week- oh what a week. New year's Eve we had to be in our apartments by 6pm.We had dinner with the Ellerslie Sisters (Bunker and Nash) and then enjoyed the evening being goofy with them. We were allowed to count down to midnight, but by the time 11pm came around we were exhausted to so we counted down to 11pm. :) I can't believe it's now 2013!!! So crazy!!! Hmmm... what else to tell you about this week.
Friday evening we met with Ben Nicolson. He is so awesome!!! He has struggled with being active in the church since one of his best friends pasted away in the spring. I've been meeting with him almost every week since I've been here and it's been amazing to see him change. Well, on Friday we talked about setting goals (because of the new year). One of the quotes we read was by Elder Richard G. Scott "We become what we want to be, by consistently being what we want to become each day." I absolutely love this quote! Well, as Sister Williams read it to Ben, I realized that I had shared that quote with Ben before. After he said, "I really like that quote. I remember when you shared that quote with me before, Sister Thompson, it really got me thinking. It was after hearing that, that I became really reflective and started making more changes." It was almost like my mission had come full circle. That was awesome to hear. I know as missionaries that we are making a difference in people's lives, but it is really neat to see the fruits of our efforts. Sunday, Ben taught Gospel Principles (which is has been his calling for the past 10 months, but since he stopped attending for so long he hadn't taught it until now). He is amazing!!! I'm so grateful I've had the opportunity to help rescue one of God's children.
Since Sunday was Fast Sunday I took the opportunity to bear my testimony. I had a feeling I was getting transferred and so I didn't want to miss this opportunity. Well, once everyone kind of realized this would be my last Sunday in the ward I got a lot of people saying Goodbye. I am really going to miss Millwoods YSA. It has been a highlight of my mission for sure. I'm excited for what Drayton Valley has in store for me. I know that I am needed there and that it's going to be awesome.
Until next week, I love you all!!!
Sister Thompson and Ben Nicolson
Love, Sister Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment