Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21, 2013

To the greatest people,

Life in Drayton Valley is anything but boring. We are teaching a lot people and having a lot of adventures. I'm loving it though! We are teaching the Welch Family. They are fantastic. We met with them earlier this week and invited their whole family to join. We taught them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and used the "Egg/ Bottle demonstration" It turned out great and the Spirit was really felt. Brother Welch (Wade) asked us a question about the Resurrection and children who die as babies. The Spirit was so strong as we testified. I love lessons like that. It makes every hard day worth it.

We also had Zone Training Meeting on Wednesday and then Interviews with President Campbell on Thursday. It was weird, I only knew 4 or 5 missionaries in my Zone. Everyone in our zone is super young and the majority of Elders have only been out 8 months or less!!!! So weird. I feel so old! Sister Randall and I were definitely the oldest companionship. Interviews with President the next day were great!! I love meeting with him and Sister Campbell. Oh yeah and my "Trunky Call" came this week. Yep, it's official. The office called me to find out what airport I was flying home to. I told them Calgary. That way I can stay in Alberta and don't have to come home. :) Good idea hey? I thought so too.

Later this week we met with a sister (young mother) in the ward, Sister Phipps. She is the one who knows about Western Wats. Anyway, while visiting she got really dizzy and weak and her hands started shaking. She put her 4 month baby in a bouncer and we grabbed her some things to eat to get her blood sugar up. It reminded me of the times dad had low blood sugar, which made me grateful that I knew what to do. We kept her baby happy and kept her nourished until her husband came home about 45 minutes later. I so wished I could have held her baby. It's times like this that I wish I wasn't a missionary and could have just watched her kids while she went to the hospital. I'm grateful we were there to help in any way we could though.

This week was pretty warm until the Sunday. It got to -30 C with the windchill. Brrrrr!!!! No one showed up for our 830am missionary meeting so we shoveled all the sidewalks instead. The snow is so dry and light. I actually enjoy shoveling. :) Later that night while getting out of the car I totally ate it on the ice. Sister Randall was talking to me and then all of the sudden I was gone. ;) She couldn't see me so she ran to my side of the car and found me on the ground. She quickly ran to me and helped me up. It was funny because as she did the song "You raise me up" came to mind, but I changed it to be "You raise me up so I can stand on frozen water" instead. :) Gotta love it.

One last thing- So I spoke in Sacrament meeting my first Sunday hey? Well, One quote that I said was, "7 days without prayer make one weak." Good quote hey? Well, as we were driving through town and past our Branch President's car repair shop I saw that he put that quote on the markee sign. :) That made me super happy so of course I had to take a picture.

Love you all!!!

Love, Sister Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment