Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2012

Dearest Everyone!
What a week! Sister Williams and I rocked it this week. We got 25 lessons, two new investigators (Brody and Tasha), and an investigator on date for baptism (Robert). I love how the Lord supports us when we have righteous desires. My time as a missionary just keeps flying by. I don't want this to end and as more and more of my mission friends depart out of the land reality seems to hit me more and more. New goals, a new transfer, new motivation to work hard until the end. I can't take any of this time back. I have to embrace each moment! Really, each of us should embrace every moment of our earthly mission. To quote President Hinckley, "Too soon you will only have the memory of the great experience you are now having." Live each day like it's the only day that you have to become like our Heavenly Father. In that is happiness.
I love the Christmas season. It seems like the Christmas Spirit is everywhere. I love the snow! I love the lights! I love Christmas music! I love testifying of the Savior. It brings so much hope. The Christmas Devotional last night was wonderful! We were able to watch it at a member's house with one of our investigators, Kristin (who is their roommate). I loved everything that was shared, but I liked what President Uchtdorf said about being good receivers. That made me really think about the Savior's Gift of the Atonement. How often do we let it sit on a shelf, wrapped up and say, "Isn't that nice. The Savior gave that to me!" We NEED to open it and use it!!!! It's not just meant to look at or talk about or even show off, but to use and re-use EVERYDAY, and to share with others. Don't do like the man who received one talent and hid it in the ground. When we give we get more. Share your knowledge of the Atonement with everyone!
We do service at St. Joseph's hospital every Thursday. While there we went to visit a lady in her room. When we came in she was laying in bed crying. I asked her if she was okay and she said she was fine, but not up for visiting. I grabbed a tissue and wiped the tears from her eyes. Her face lit up and for a moment I could feel the love the Savior had for her. I'm so grateful I got that opportunity to represent the Savior. To stand in His place. To do what He himself would do if He were here. "He lives to comfort me when faint. He lives to hear my soul's complaint. He lives to silence all my fears. He lives to wipe away my tears. He lives to calm my troubled heart." I know that my Redeemer lives. A funny story from service- we do a crossword with everyone and usually I get the microphone. Well, the word they were guessing was Ensign. E was listed. I gave the hint, "A six letter word; the hint is Naval Flag." No one had any clue. I decided to throw in a hint of my own. I knew the missionaries would all get it. "It's also a magazine." Almost in unison all the missionaries (about 6) started laughing and said, "Ensign!" ha ha we got a good chuckle out of that one. :)
We've been sharing a Christmas message with our members. One question we ask is, what does Christmas mean to you? One member replied, "Family Togetherness." Immediately I came to this realization, because Christ was born our families can be together forever!!!! Christmas really does mean family togetherness. I love that concept!!! Make the most of the season! Spend time with your families and cherish that time you have together. Family doesn't just have to be our immediate family, but we are all part of God's family!
I love you all!!!
Love, Sister Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment