Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012

Dearest Family and Friends,
Merry Christmas! The Library will be open on December 24th so I should be able to email one more time before Christmas. :) Today I have the pleasure of going to the World Famous West Edmonton Mall with Sister Williams and Sister Roberts and Reanna in our ward. I'm so excited! Because we're going today, I don't have a ton of time to email today.
This last week was fantastic! We had a Sister's Training on Tuesday at the mission home with all the sisters. That was a blast! We had a special training from President Campbell and then did some fun crafts/ Christmas activities with all the Sisters. It was fun to be all together there. Pretty soon we're not going to be able to do that at the mission home. Our mission is expected to have up to 50 sisters by the end of 2013! So weird. The first 19 year old sisters called to our mission have received their calls and are coming in February. One of them is actually from Spanish Fork I hear. That's pretty cool. I don't know her though (seeing that she wasn't even in my high school when I was. That makes me feel really really old.) Friday we had our annual Christmas Conference at the Millwoods Stake center. It was amazing!!! I love getting together with other missionaries, not to mention President Campbell always gives amazing trainings. As a Christmas present, President and Sister Campbell gave us all a temple recommend holder with a picture of the Edmonton temple that President Campbell took (he's a photographer- it's an amazing picture). I love it!!! Also, we had a talent show. My last district put together "The District 3" kind of a spoof of the PMG The District 1 and 2. It was super funny and everyone really liked it. I'll have to show you it later. Our zone also performed a Christmas Parody Mashup. (Some how I got suckered into putting it together ;) I had a lot of fun writing it and it turned out pretty funny.) Here are a few lines from it.
"I'm dreaming of a warm Christmas
With every email that I write....
Tracting through the snow, in a pair of worn out shoes
O'er the hills we go, sharing the good news.
Working with our might.
Making Burdens light.
What fun it is to testify and see all dressed in white.
I don't want a lot for Christmas, There is just one thing I need.
I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree.
I just want some Baptisms. A few more before I'm done.
Make my wish come true. All I want for Christmas is two!
5 Potentials!
4 QGCs (Quality Gospel Conversations)
3 Less Actives
2 Recent Converts
And a Golden Baptism!
Oh the weather outside is frightful and a car would be delightful
We got places to go, Please don't snow! Please don't snow! Please don't snow!
He knows who you are texting. He knows when you are late.
He knows when you are driving fast so slow down for goodness sake.
Oh you better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout I'm telling you why
President is coming to town
It's the most trunkiest time of the year!!!!"
Well, I hope you can guess what Christmas songs you sing those with. It was super fun to write! That's for sure!
Other things worth mentioning- Chris Keene (Recent Convert) passed the Sacrament for the first time yesterday. I felt like a proud momma! :) Our Investigator Robert accepted baptism for January 12th:) We got a new investigator named David (who is pretty sweet. He's originally from Ghana.) Oh and if you haven't checked out mormon.org/christmas you totally should. You can join the conversation which asks "What does Christmas mean to you?" I was reading through some people's responses last week and to my surprise I saw that Brady Brunson commented! That was really cool to see a friend from back home. I encourage everyone to answer that question.
Well, I love you all!!! Merry Christmas! I can't wait to talk to you next week.
Love, Sister Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment