Friday, February 3, 2012

January 30, 2012

Dearest Loved Ones;
Hello from Canada!!! So this week was a successful one for Sister White and I. We have been trying to get 20 lessons for the longest time and finally we did it! We worked really hard and pushed forward which was very rewarding. It's funny because we weren't focused on our numbers, but instead just meeting with as many people as we could and we finally reached our key indicators. :) Success is sweet!

I had supper with the Smith family (Aunt Becki's aunt.) It was great to make the connection. I showed her the picture/ newsletter I got from Ethan and Becki for Christmas and she loved it.

I got my haircut this week. I was getting sick of the constant static from the cold/ my jacket and my hair always covering my name tag so I went to a member and got it cut. She cut it shorter than I expected, but I really like it. :) I feel like I look totally different/ older. So that's nice. :) You'll also notice the cold sore I currently have :( With the weather changing from really cold to slightly cold so randomly I guess my lip couldn't take it. So I have a fun friend on my bottom lip now. It's not so fun to go tracting with. I feel like everyone is staring at it. Sister White told me, "It's not that noticeable" Well, 15 minutes later 2 people pointed it out. Note to the world, if someone has a cold sore, don't point it out. I'm sure they are already aware. ;) ha ha.
We had a fun time tracting this week. We decided to go around and do "Surveys" (my specialty eh?) We knocked on people's doors and said, "Hi, we're new to the area and we are trying to get to know people. We have just a couple questions about religion we'd like to ask you." (Then we'd go right into asking them a question). "Do you have a belief in Jesus Christ? How has that belief blessed your life? Have you ever wondered why there are so many churches? How would it feel to know there is a prophet on the earth today? Have you heard of the Book of Mormon? Do you have any service we can do? etc." It turned out great! (It's nice to know that working for a survey company for 5 1/2 years has finally paid off ;)
I'm sure you're all wondering about Indya and if her dad has approved her to get baptized yet. Well she talked to him right after we left last Sunday and he said, "I'll think about it." That is so great! His heart is definitely softening. He used to say "No, and don't ask again." But now he's actually thinking about it. We have been praying for her and her dad in every prayer we say. We're so excited to find out what he says after she talks to him again.

I was asked by a member of the Bishopric to draw a picture of the Innisfail chapel for them to put on the Sunday Program. No pressure right? Well, I took some of the little time I've had during Lunch and right before I go to bed to draw and I finished it yesterday. I thought you'd like to see so I've attached the picture I drew of the Innisfail chapel. (Don't look too closely ;) I'm pleased with how it turned out though.
Lastly, we had a very interesting, awkward, weird, hope it never happens again, experience this week. We decided to try a potential investigator while we were in Bowden last Tuesday. We knocked on the door and a guy answered... Without Pants On!!!!!! Sister White and I kept our composure and just kept our eyes up and quickly explained that we'll come back later. As we walked away I said, "Awk!" and Sister White replied, "Word!" Once in the car we had a pretty good laugh. Note to everyone reading this; don't answer your door without pants. Super Awkward! Ha ha
Well this week during companion study, Sister White and I had a great discussion on Doctrine and Covenants 64:32-34 which states;
"But all things must come to pass in their time.
Wherefore, be not weary in well doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days."
I know that as we continue to do good and keep the commandments, serve others, and strive to be like our Savior, we will reap the rewards that come from that. But, we must give our heart and a willing mind. Ask yourself, are you willing to accept the callings you're given? Are you willing to do your visiting and home teaching because you have a desire to serve and not just because you're asked to? It's the small things that pay off and shape us into the people we will become. Think, what are you doing today for the kingdom of God? If you can't think of anything, change it!
I love you all! Until next time- Love,
Sister Leanna Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment