Monday, September 19, 2011

First Letter Home!

:)My First Letter Home(:
Sept. 15, 2011
I did it! I'm here at the MTC. The joke with my companion and roommates is that I know everyone here :). I've already ran into at least 5 to 6 people I know personally and then today at immunizations I met pretty much every lady there. They all gave me a hug and told me how much I look like Mom and have her smile (Best compliment ever) plus they all spoke so highly of Mom and how much they love her. I got a couple of pictures with some of them. I can really tell that Mom left an impression. So the MTC is awesome. It's quite busy, but there is actually more downtime than expected (At least so far there has been). When I woke up this morning I was a little confused as to where I was. I guess I thought it was all a dream a dream at first , but no- it's reality and I love it!
The MTC is wonderful! I really do like it. It's great knowing where everything is and answering some of the missionaries questions :). I'm so glad I volunteered here. I feel like I'm a step ahead of everyone else a little.
So my Sister- I mean companion, Sister Lambert is going to the Utah, St. George Visitor Center Mission. She is really great. She really understands the basics. Which is great and keeps me focused.
Funny story- While in class, one Elder (Elder Atwood) pointed to the picture of Christ holding a lamb and said, "That's me". There was a short pause. We all looked at him a little shocked and confused and quickly (after realizing what he said) he said, "I meant the lamb- not Christ." We all laughed really hard because I guess we all thought he was saying he was Christ. We laughed for at least a minute about it and even after I find myself giggling a little when I think about it. :) Got to love MTC humor. I swear if we find something funny, everyone finds it really funny :) (we don't get out much :)).
Well I wish I can write more but since it's not Pday (Wednesday) I don't have any other time. I love you all- And the Church is true! Hope to hear from you soon.

Love Sister Leanna Thompson

P.S. Sorry if I repeat stories I say in emails and letters.
P.P.S. If you already wrote me- We haven't gotten the mail yet so I don't even know. Thank you if you did. I'll write soon (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment