Friday, July 15, 2011

Called to Serve

June 15th, 1:43pm- I went to check the mail and there it was! A large white envelope from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints with my name on it, Sister Leanna Ruth Thompson! I let out a yelp of excitement as I raced back to my house. This was it, the day had finally arrived for me to find out where the Lord would need my service for 18 months. Once inside the house I couldn't control my excitement. I danced around the living room for at least 10 minutes. Then, once I finally composed myself, I called my dad and siblings to let them know the good news.


Above is a picture right after I got the mail.

I had to work from 2-7pm that day, so I quickly put my mission call letter in a safe place and headed to work. It seemed like it took forever to get off work. Then the moment arrived. I was back at the house, mission call in hand. I had all my immediate family, some close friends, and about six other friends on the phone excited to find out where I'd go.

"Dear Sister Thompson: You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Canada Edmonton Mission... You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, September 14, 2011..."

I'M GOING TO CANADA!!! I was overjoyed. Words cannot express how excited I am to serve the people in the Canada Edmonton Mission. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment