Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013

Dearest Family and Friends,


First off, I received a call Thursday from Sister Campbell informing me of Grandma's passing. I was sad to know that I would miss seeing her in just a couple short weeks when I get home, but happy to know she is at rest. I've taken it quite well and I know that has a lot to do with the many prayers, the blessing I received and my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. When we lose a loved one it isn't the end. We will see those we love again.

This last week has been a good one. Quite successful. Bill is ready for Baptism this Friday :) There was a slight set back when we found out that he needed his wife's permission to get baptized since their divorce isn't final. Boy did that require us to exercise a lot of faith. Sister Bunker and I fasted and prayed fervently that she'd give her consent. Sunday afternoon brought good news. His wife emailed our Branch President giving her blessing to the church and approval for Bill to be baptized. I know that Prayer is Real and no matter the things that get in our way we must have faith and keep enduring. Never give up!!! Bill is excited to be baptized, but really sad that I'm leaving. It was sad to see him cry. As a missionary you meet some amazing people and get quite attached. I think that's why it's going to be so hard to say goodbye. This has been so much a part of my life now, I don't know what I would do if I didn't get to testify everyday. I guess I get to be a living testimony and good example. Plus, this doesn't mean that I have to stop being a missionary.

On a funnier note. Wednesday at a dinner appointment with the Willets we got talking about the new pope. Sister Bunker mentioned that when she was at the Vatican she saw dead bodies of past Popes in a glass case. Being a blond I asked, "How would they perserve their bodies? Do they taxidermy them?" Oh boy did that get a laugh or what. Obviously I don't really know what it means to taxidermy. Ha ha ha So funny. Also, I guess I've been talking in my sleep a lot this week. Around midnight I sat up in bed and asked Sister Bunker, "Could you close the closet?" "Why?..." "There might be people in there." The next morning I asked her why the closet was closed and she told me what I said. Pretty funny. ha ha ha

Well, I love you all! Hope this next week is a great one for you! It will be for me :)

Love always,
Sister Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment