Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012

Dearest Family and Friends whom I love,
  Can you see me?
Me with Sister Nash. Something is wrong with this picture. Can you find what's wrong?

First order of business... MY DISTRICT LIVES ON!!!! I'm so happy right now. Everyone in my District is the same. It's transfer call day and nothing is changing with us. Seriously, I'm so excited. I'm like giddy right now. I love this District, I love Millwoods, I love my Companion Sister Roberts, I love our Investigators, I love how it rains 2.5 days out of the week, and I love that I am just plain happy right now. You want to know why I'm so happy? Because the Church is True, the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives, and I am having one of the best times of my life. I have permagrin right now. Okay, I'm glad I got that off my chest. :)
So this last week... hmmm. It was great! We were able to meet with a lot of people this week. I went on exchanges back to Beaumont with Sister Nash (new sister as of last transfer) and it was wonderful. I saw a lot of people that I love so much and Sister Nash and myself had a really great talk. Sister Nash lost her mom to cancer almost 3 years ago. We had a good cry together as we both talked about our mom's and how wonderful they are. I'm grateful that I have that connection with her and that we can go to each other when we're having a hard day. She has so much strength and I love that I get to serve around her.
We met with Zhang this week and he said that he really appreciates us meeting with him "From the bottom of his heart". He said while he was praying that he felt that he needs to be more dependant on the Lord. This was so much progress!!! He is still working towards baptism but it wont be this month. He also said that he went with his mom to her Baptist church and the pastor said, "The Mormons will like it if you join them, but if you don't they will leave a curse on your house." We got a pretty good laugh out of that. Zhang said that he doesn't believe that at all and he thinks that sometimes people make dumb comments. That was pretty funny.
Oh, while on exchanges I got to talk to Gino on the phone. He was so excited to hear from me. He said, "Sister Thompson??!? Oh my Gosh! I thought I lost you! Welcome home!" Awe!!! That made me feel so good. I still hope to be able to see him on splits but it was really good to talk to him on the phone and know that I wasn't forgotten. He is so great!!! Sister Roberts and I got to meet with a Former Investigator names Azeez. He is from Canada but his family is from Nigeria. He is 6' 7" tall!!!! He is awesome! We will be teaching him again this week.
On to Chris. He is so amazing and so prepared. We taught him the Plan of Salvation this week and he loved it and accepted it. He told us more about his life story and how he ended up in Edmonton. He was definitely supossed to be here. He was living out of his car for a while and then everything just started to fall into place. He has been to church every Sunday since his first Sunday (July 1st). We set a baptismal date with him yesterday and he said, "Yes! I was planning on getting baptized in August!" So awesome! We also sent around a sign up sheet for a Month Long Fast we are doing as a ward. We are getting someone to fast everyday for the month of August. It was really cool because Chris signed up to Fast! His Fellowshipper Jennipher is awesome and answers all his questions so he is progressing greatly. He already talked about getting his friend to meet with us. Oh and they (Chris and Jennipher) went to the YSA dance on Friday and Chris said, "It was so awesome. I loved it. Everyone was really happy and having a good time and it was clean. After the dance Jennipher and I went for a walk on Whyte Ave (downtown Edmonton) and it was like night and day." Chris and Jennipher met at work. They work for a night club on Saturday nights (Chris is a bouncer). Well, Chris said, "For the first time I realized that the people there aren't really having fun. They don't know what real happiness is." It is really cool how he has already been able to recognize the blessings of the Gospel.
Anyway, life really is so great! I love the people I'm able to serve around. I love seeing the Gospel just make sense to people. I love seeing people become lighter, brighter, and happier as they learn and enter the waters of baptism.
I'll close by sharing a scripture with you found in Mosiah 27:36-37
"And thus they were instruments in the hands of God in bringing many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, to the knowldege of their Redeemer. and how blessed are they! For tehy did publish peace; they did publish good tidings of good; and they did declare unto the people that the Lord reigneth."
Be an instrument in the hands of God to help our brothers and sisters find the truth!
Lastly, I would like to give a shout out to Elise. Happy Birthday Yesterday!!! I hope it was a good one. And to Cyrena, Welcome Home!!! I got your email and I am hand writting you back. Just waiting on your address ;)
I love you all to Canada and back!!!
Love, Sister Thompson


No comments:

Post a Comment